This weeks Product of the Week is our range of Flexible Welding Enclosures®, ideal for the welding of titanium and zirconium and also to prevent discolouration on stainless steel welds, eliminating cleaning and pickling costs.
HFT®’s Flexible Welding Enclosures® provide an inert atmosphere, as low as 10 parts per million (ppm), where a rigid chamber may not be economically viable or where space may be at a premium.
- Flexible Welding Enclosures® provide a purging environment for a fraction of the cost of rigid chamber.
- Suitable for industries including: aerospace, automotive, biochemical, medical, food, beverage, semiconductor and nuclear.
- The enclosures are manufactured with two pairs of glove ports as standard and the upper half of the enclosure is optically clear, providing an excellent welding vision.
- A transfer sleeve makes it possible to pass small parts in or out of the enclosure without affecting the purge quality.
- Special Flexible Welding Enclosures® are designed and manufactured to suit any purpose, including systems for complete robot manufacturing cells and laser additive manufacturing applications.
Argweld® Flexible Welding Enclosures® Flyer
More Product Information
This weeks Product of the Week is our Trailing Shields®, a range of products designed to prevent welds from oxidising or coming into contact with oxygen during their welding and cooling periods.
- Available in flat format for sheet metal welding or curved format for welding circular items like tube, pipes and tanks.
- Designed to fit onto all brands of TIG / GTAW and Plasma / PAW welding torches .
- Allows much faster welding, offering savings in production costs when welding stainless steels, duplex steels, titanium, zirconium, nickel alloys and other reactive metals.
- With the use of this simple, low cost accessory, oxidation and expensive post welding cleaning process is eliminated.
- Will give payback in less than one weld.
Argweld® Weld Trailing Shields® Flyer
More Product Information
This weeks Product of the Week is our HotPurge® range of Inflatable Tube and Pipe Purging Systems for Pre-Heated and Post-Weld Heat Treated Chrome Steel Pipework.
Your potential customers for the HotPurge® Systems are pipework fabricators and boiler maintenance companies who manufacture or who install chrome steel pipework in power stations, in refineries, on offshore platforms and in offshore module building yards.
Thick wall chrome steel pipes are used for the high pressures present in steam pipework for connecting between boilers and turbines in power generating plant.
There are still many power generating plants being built around the world and even though the fuel is moving away from coil and oil, the pressures involved with bio fuel or cogeneration powers stations are still the same.
This also applies to nuclear power stations, except that they are using thick wall stainless steel which also has to be purged, but can be carried out with QuickPurge®.
- The systems are for use in pipework where the post weld heat treatment temperatures might be in region of 300ºC (572ºF).
- Each system incorporates RootGlo®, an innovative central band for easy positioning in the pipe which will glow inside the dark pipe, for up to 20 hours, with only 10 minutes previous exposure to light.
- PurgeGate® is supplied as standard on every HotPurge™ to prevent the dams from bursting due to over inflation.
- IntaCal® technology eliminates complicated valve setting.
- Strong, rugged construction with multiple stitching and Kevlar thread to add extra strength and resistance to higher temperatures.
- Sizes from 6 to 88” (152 to 2,235 mm).
Argweld® HotPurge™ Heat Resistant Inflatable Pipe Weld Purging Systems Flyer
We continue to bring you a weekly Product of the Week update to keep you at the forefront of our advancing technologies in the field of tube and pipe weld purging.
This week features our PurgEye® 1000.
The Argweld® PurgEye® 1000 Remote Weld Purge Monitor® solves the problem for those with long pipework or pipeline distances to measure the oxygen level (over 20 metres). The reading takes time to reach the sensor and is often contaminated by the time it arrives.
The sensor has now been extracted from the instrument box and placed in a small module that attaches to the front of the purge device. As the exhaust purge gas comes out of the purge device it is measured right there and the information passes at the speed of light to the monitor, which can be up to 1,000 metres away.
Key features of the PurgEye® 1000:
- Measures accurately down to 10 ppm up to 1 km away from the weld.
- Comes with a hand held display and a 10 m data cable/power lead as standard.
- Optional 100 m reel of outdoor cable with locking connectors.
- The unit is small and round, therefore it is easy to pull through pipes with the purge system.
Argweld® PurgEye® 1000 Remote Weld Purge Monitor® Flyer
Freeze sealing pipes for repair or maintenance is an increasingly popular alternative to ‘hot-tapping’ and eliminates the need to shut down or drain down a system for repairs and maintenance. These systems work by creating ice plugs (or ‘freeze seals’) either upstream of the repair site or on either side of an area where a pipe system needs to be maintained.
Qwik-Freezer™, which covers pipe diameters from 3/8” – 8” (9 – 200 mm), is the industry standard for portable CO2 Pipe Freezing Systems with thousands of kits in use around the world for over 40 years. Qwik-Freezer™ is very quick and easy to use, requires almost no set-up time and is the only CO2 Pipe Freezing System capable of freezing up to 8” pipe. Even for smaller diameter freezes, Qwik-Freezer™ produces ice plugs that are significantly more reliable and robust, capable of withstanding far more pressure than the smaller plugs that other types of systems will produce.
The diameter range of Qwik-Freezer™ has become the preferred solution for a very wide range of water-carrying pipework, where valves need to be changed, in industry sectors such as: petrochemical, building services, food and beverage, hospitals, water treatment, shipping and aerospace.
A specially designed flexible jacket is wrapped around the pipe at the point where the freeze is required. A nozzle in the jacket is then coupled to a cylinder of liquid carbon dioxide by means of a high-pressure hose.
When the CO2 is injected into the space between the jacket and the pipe, at a temperature of -78OC, the pipe contents freeze and a secure ‘ice plug’ is formed, which seals the pipe. The ‘ice plug’ forms only in a section of the pipe covered by the jacket, so the resulting rise in pressure is very small and there is no damage to the pipe. The technique can be used safely on iron, lead, stainless steel, copper, brass and plastic pipe.
By not having to drain systems of liquids to make repairs, the savings made are able to justify the low relative cost of the Qwik-Freezer™ System.
Further information available from:
The HFT Pipestoppers® range of Aluminium Test Plugs are specifically designed for heavy duty applications and are suitable for arduous duties such as immersion in chemicals and/or exposure to higher temperatures.
Key features and benefits:
- Specifically designed for heavy duty applications.
- Suitable for arduous duties such as immersion in chemicals and exposure to high temperatures.
- Typical applications are domestic and industrial plumbing operations, water, drainage systems as well as offshore operations.
- The Aluminium Plugs are negatively buoyant for leak testing, isolation, sealing, stopping and for weld purging.
- The standard seals are made from natural rubber and special rubber seals are available for applications where greater resistance to chemicals and temperatures is required.
- Size range from 1.5” to 36” (38 to 900 mm).
- All Plugs conform to British Standard BS8005 and BS EN752-4 for low pressure testing and sealing of pipes.
- The Plugs are simple to work with and are fitted with a wing nut that rotates on a friction free washer to compress the two plates together, thus expanding the rubber ring between the two plates to seal tightly inside the pipe or other chosen orifice.
- The Pipestoppers® Division of Huntingdon Fusion Techniques HFT® manufacture and supply Aluminium Plugs to complement the Pipestoppers® range of Nylon and Steel Mechanical Plugs, together with Rubber and Inflatable Stoppers.
Download HFT Pipestoppers® Aluminium Plugs
This weeks Product of the Week is our PurgEye® 600, a unique Weld Purge Monitor® Gas Detection and Analysing Instrument, which has been designed and developed to read from atmospheric level of oxygen, down to one part per million (ppm), breaking all technological boundaries in one instrument.
Key features and benefits:
- A full range of measurement reading from atmospheric concentration (20.94%), down to 1 ppm (accurate to 10 ppm). No other oxygen monitor has the ability to do this.
- Readings are indicated either as parts per million or percentage.
- Life time sensor will not need replacing or recalibrating.
- Large, full colour touch screen (3.2” / 81 mm).
- USB data logging capability with PurgeLog™.
- Internal sampling pump and gas filtration.
- Quick fit / disconnect, leak tight purge tube fittings.
- Control alarms that will activate in the event of rising oxygen levels.
Your best sales areas are your nuclear and your aerospace customers and any other titanium companies that might be welding in chambers or glove boxes. As always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Download Argweld® Purgeye® 600 Weld Purge Monitor® Flyer