This weeks Product of the Week is our range of Flexible Welding Enclosures®, ideal for the welding of titanium and zirconium and also to prevent discolouration on stainless steel welds, eliminating cleaning and pickling costs.
HFT®’s Flexible Welding Enclosures® provide an inert atmosphere, as low as 10 parts per million (ppm), where a rigid chamber may not be economically viable or where space may be at a premium.
- Flexible Welding Enclosures® provide a purging environment for a fraction of the cost of rigid chamber.
- Suitable for industries including: aerospace, automotive, biochemical, medical, food, beverage, semiconductor and nuclear.
- The enclosures are manufactured with two pairs of glove ports as standard and the upper half of the enclosure is optically clear, providing an excellent welding vision.
- A transfer sleeve makes it possible to pass small parts in or out of the enclosure without affecting the purge quality.
- Special Flexible Welding Enclosures® are designed and manufactured to suit any purpose, including systems for complete robot manufacturing cells and laser additive manufacturing applications.
Argweld® Flexible Welding Enclosures® Flyer
More Product Information
This weeks Product of the Week is our Trailing Shields®, a range of products designed to prevent welds from oxidising or coming into contact with oxygen during their welding and cooling periods.
- Available in flat format for sheet metal welding or curved format for welding circular items like tube, pipes and tanks.
- Designed to fit onto all brands of TIG / GTAW and Plasma / PAW welding torches .
- Allows much faster welding, offering savings in production costs when welding stainless steels, duplex steels, titanium, zirconium, nickel alloys and other reactive metals.
- With the use of this simple, low cost accessory, oxidation and expensive post welding cleaning process is eliminated.
- Will give payback in less than one weld.
Argweld® Weld Trailing Shields® Flyer
More Product Information
This weeks Product of the Week is our PurgExtra® Tube and Pipe Purging System, the latest weld purging product released by HFT®.
This range compliments the PurgElite® series, but in addition has extra purge gas inlets and corresponding exhaust ports for welding metal tubes made from titanium, as well as ultra high purity stainless steel joints and just as important when welding those less critical stainless steel and copper nickel pipe joints, in order to achieve non-oxidised, zero colour welds.
- Size ranges from 1 – 24” diameter.
- Allows the operator to purge at recommended rates initially, then when conditions are correct, to introduce the additional gas at high flow rates to create an even better purge.
- Comprises of two inflatable dams connected by a heat resistant, highly flexible hose that has the unique IntaCal®.
- The highly flexible hose allows the PurgExtra® Systems to be pulled or pushed easily round bends and elbows.
- RootGlo® is added as standard, which will provide up to 24 hours of bright illumination inside the pipe, with only 10 minutes exposure to daylight.
- PurgeGate® can be fitted as an extra, to protect the inflatable dams from bursting.
- Heat Resistant Covers are also available, which fit onto the inflatable dams and allow the systems to be used in post weld heat treated pipework, where the temperature might reach up to 760oC.
PurgExtra® Tube and Pipe Purging System Flyer
This weeks Product of the Week is our HotPurge® range of Inflatable Tube and Pipe Purging Systems for Pre-Heated and Post-Weld Heat Treated Chrome Steel Pipework.
Your potential customers for the HotPurge® Systems are pipework fabricators and boiler maintenance companies who manufacture or who install chrome steel pipework in power stations, in refineries, on offshore platforms and in offshore module building yards.
Thick wall chrome steel pipes are used for the high pressures present in steam pipework for connecting between boilers and turbines in power generating plant.
There are still many power generating plants being built around the world and even though the fuel is moving away from coil and oil, the pressures involved with bio fuel or cogeneration powers stations are still the same.
This also applies to nuclear power stations, except that they are using thick wall stainless steel which also has to be purged, but can be carried out with QuickPurge®.
- The systems are for use in pipework where the post weld heat treatment temperatures might be in region of 760oC for up to 24 hours.
- Each system incorporates RootGlo®, an innovative central band for easy positioning in the pipe which will glow inside the dark pipe, for up to 20 hours, with only 10 minutes previous exposure to light.
- PurgeGate® is supplied as standard on every HotPurge™ to prevent the dams from bursting due to over inflation.
- IntaCal® technology eliminates complicated valve setting.
- Strong, rugged construction with multiple stitching and Kevlar thread to add extra strength and resistance to higher temperatures.
- Sizes from 6 to 96” (150 to 2440 mm).
Argweld® HotPurge™ Heat Resistant Inflatable Pipe Weld Purging Systems Flyer
We continue to bring you a weekly Product of the Week update to keep you at the forefront of our advancing technologies in the field of tube and pipe weld purging.
This week features our PurgEye® 1000.
The Argweld® PurgEye® 1000 Remote Weld Purge Monitor® solves the problem for those with long pipework or pipeline distances to measure the oxygen level (over 20 metres). The reading takes time to reach the sensor and is often contaminated by the time it arrives.
The sensor has now been extracted from the instrument box and placed in a small module that attaches to the front of the purge device. As the exhaust purge gas comes out of the purge device it is measured right there and the information passes at the speed of light to the monitor, which can be up to 1,000 metres away.
Key features of the PurgEye® 1000:
- Measures accurately down to 10 ppm up to 1 km away from the weld.
- Comes with a hand held display and a 10 m data cable/power lead as standard.
- Optional 100 m reel of outdoor cable with locking connectors.
- The unit is small and round, therefore it is easy to pull through pipes with the purge system.
In addition, HFT® are up for Best Welding Product Supplier at the 2016 Welding World Awards. We ask you to take a moment to vote for us please by visiting: http://welding-world.com/categories/best-welding-product-supplier
Argweld® PurgEye® 1000 Remote Weld Purge Monitor® Flyer
Freeze sealing pipes for repair or maintenance is an increasingly popular alternative to ‘hot-tapping’ and eliminates the need to shut down or drain down a system for repairs and maintenance. These systems work by creating ice plugs (or ‘freeze seals’) either upstream of the repair site or on either side of an area where a pipe system needs to be maintained.
Qwik-Freezer™, which covers pipe diameters from 3/8” – 8” (9 – 200 mm), is the industry standard for portable CO2 Pipe Freezing Systems with thousands of kits in use around the world for over 40 years. Qwik-Freezer™ is very quick and easy to use, requires almost no set-up time and is the only CO2 Pipe Freezing System capable of freezing up to 8” pipe. Even for smaller diameter freezes, Qwik-Freezer™ produces ice plugs that are significantly more reliable and robust, capable of withstanding far more pressure than the smaller plugs that other types of systems will produce.
The diameter range of Qwik-Freezer™ has become the preferred solution for a very wide range of water-carrying pipework, where valves need to be changed, in industry sectors such as: petrochemical, building services, food and beverage, hospitals, water treatment, shipping and aerospace.
A specially designed flexible jacket is wrapped around the pipe at the point where the freeze is required. A nozzle in the jacket is then coupled to a cylinder of liquid carbon dioxide by means of a high-pressure hose.
When the CO2 is injected into the space between the jacket and the pipe, at a temperature of -78OC, the pipe contents freeze and a secure ‘ice plug’ is formed, which seals the pipe. The ‘ice plug’ forms only in a section of the pipe covered by the jacket, so the resulting rise in pressure is very small and there is no damage to the pipe. The technique can be used safely on iron, lead, stainless steel, copper, brass and plastic pipe.
By not having to drain systems of liquids to make repairs, the savings made are able to justify the low relative cost of the Qwik-Freezer™ System.
Further information available from: