This weeks Product of the Week is our PurgExtra® Tube and Pipe Purging System, the latest weld purging product released by HFT®.
This range compliments the PurgElite® series, but in addition has extra purge gas inlets and corresponding exhaust ports for welding metal tubes made from titanium, as well as ultra high purity stainless steel joints and just as important when welding those less critical stainless steel and copper nickel pipe joints, in order to achieve non-oxidised, zero colour welds.
- Size ranges from 1 – 24” diameter.
- Allows the operator to purge at recommended rates initially, then when conditions are correct, to introduce the additional gas at high flow rates to create an even better purge.
- Comprises of two inflatable dams connected by a heat resistant, highly flexible hose that has the unique IntaCal®.
- The highly flexible hose allows the PurgExtra® Systems to be pulled or pushed easily round bends and elbows.
- RootGlo® is added as standard, which will provide up to 24 hours of bright illumination inside the pipe, with only 10 minutes exposure to daylight.
- PurgeGate® can be fitted as an extra, to protect the inflatable dams from bursting.
- Heat Resistant Covers are also available, which fit onto the inflatable dams and allow the systems to be used in post weld heat treated pipework, where the temperature might reach up to 760oC.