This weeks Product of the Week is our HotPurge® range of Inflatable Tube and Pipe Purging Systems for Pre-Heated and Post-Weld Heat Treated Chrome Steel Pipework.
Your potential customers for the HotPurge® Systems are pipework fabricators and boiler maintenance companies who manufacture or who install chrome steel pipework in power stations, in refineries, on offshore platforms and in offshore module building yards.
Thick wall chrome steel pipes are used for the high pressures present in steam pipework for connecting between boilers and turbines in power generating plant.
There are still many power generating plants being built around the world and even though the fuel is moving away from coil and oil, the pressures involved with bio fuel or cogeneration powers stations are still the same.
This also applies to nuclear power stations, except that they are using thick wall stainless steel which also has to be purged, but can be carried out with QuickPurge®.
- The systems are for use in pipework where the post weld heat treatment temperatures might be in region of 760ºC for up to 24 hours.
- Each system incorporates RootGlo®, an innovative central band for easy positioning in the pipe which will glow inside the dark pipe, for up to 20 hours, with only 10 minutes previous exposure to light.
- PurgeGate® is supplied as standard on every HotPurge™ to prevent the dams from bursting due to over inflation.
- IntaCal® technology eliminates complicated valve setting.
- Strong, rugged construction with multiple stitching and Kevlar thread to add extra strength and resistance to higher temperatures.
- Sizes from 6 to 88” (152 to 2,235 mm).