The HFT Pipestoppers® range of Aluminium Test Plugs are specifically designed for heavy duty applications and are suitable for arduous duties such as immersion in chemicals and/or exposure to higher temperatures.
Key features and benefits:
- Specifically designed for heavy duty applications.
- Suitable for arduous duties such as immersion in chemicals and exposure to high temperatures.
- Typical applications are domestic and industrial plumbing operations, water, drainage systems as well as offshore operations.
- The Aluminium Plugs are negatively buoyant for leak testing, isolation, sealing, stopping and for weld purging.
- The standard seals are made from natural rubber and special rubber seals are available for applications where greater resistance to chemicals and temperatures is required.
- Size range from 1.5” to 36” (38 to 900 mm).
- All Plugs conform to British Standard BS8005 and BS EN752-4 for low pressure testing and sealing of pipes.
- The Plugs are simple to work with and are fitted with a wing nut that rotates on a friction free washer to compress the two plates together, thus expanding the rubber ring between the two plates to seal tightly inside the pipe or other chosen orifice.
- The Pipestoppers® Division of Huntingdon Fusion Techniques HFT® manufacture and supply Aluminium Plugs to complement the Pipestoppers® range of Nylon and Steel Mechanical Plugs, together with Rubber and Inflatable Stoppers.